Kypello Cup Beige of Sand
The simplified design of this cup reflects our double interest in contemporary painting and form in relation to the distant past. It is made and carved by hand with the Mishima technique, a surface engraving technique that inlaying a clay slip of different color into carved lines and removes what you don’t need with a metal object. A time-consuming process that makes each handmade piece stand out for its uniqueness.
- Glazed parts are without heavy metals therefore appropriate for food usage.
- Safe for use in dishwasher with eco-friendly detergents, however, we do advise on hand washing for a longer life span.
- Sudden changes in temperature (cold to hot) are likely to cause damage to ceramic objects.
- Due to the nature of handmade objects there are likely to be slight differences in color, shape and dimensions.
- All our products are produced in Athens, Greece
Dimensions: D 8,5 cm x H 9 cm
We are Efcharis and Nikos, the creators behind Homatino Ceramics Workshop.
A workshop that got its name from the etymology of the word ‘homatino’ which means made of fine-grained earth (soil) or clay.
We chose this name bearing in mind who we really are. A local workshop which chooses to remain true to tradition, crafting ceramic objects, modernizing, protecting and promoting the work of the family business, with respect.
Inspired by clay, a simple raw material, using traditional techniques of the past, however, influenced by the contemporary way of life, we mould by hand, ceramic moulds and shapes which aim to be apart of our lives for the following years.